Discussion Groups / Workshops
Discussion groups are designed to gather congress participants who are interested in discussing, in a genuinely interactive way, certain challenging, controversial or emerging issues and dilemmas of interest to an international or regional audience. Workshops aim for an even deeper interaction with a specific topic emphasising activities of the participants. The focus of Discussion Groups and Workshops should be distinct from the subjects covered in the Topic Study Groups (TSG) . The Discussion Group will meet two times with 90 minutes meeting time, the Workshops will meet once with 90 minutes working time.
1st Sept. – 30th Nov. 2015 Submission of proposal for Discussion Group or Workshop (extended)
15th December 2015 Notification on decision (extended)
29th February 2016 Submission of progress report of Discussion Group or Workshop
to convenor of ICME-13 via email@example.com
1st May 2016 Online submission of final version of the programme of the Discussion
Groups and the Workshops
A proposal should include
1. Description of the background and expertise of the proposed organisers.
2. Detailed description of the topic theme including anticipated aims and a rationale of the planned discussion group.
3. Key questions and issues for the Discussion Group or the Workshop to consider.
4. A precise description of the anticipated structure.
– For Discussion Groups: a description of how the sessions will be structured considering that brief Introductions by the organisers and invited presenters on the theme of the discussion group shall provide the framework for the discussion and shall facilitate discussions.
– For Workshops: a description of how the time will be used in order to allow maximal participation of all workshop participants.
Please note that only ONE submission of any kind, including Workshop, Discussion Group, Topic Study Group, is possible.
Please send the proposal to the congress assistance under